Camelback Gallery's Artist of the Month

     You read that right! For the Month of December (2021), I was chosen, along with six other artists, to be Camelback Gallery's Artist of the Month! I could not believe it! I was literally in tears when I read the email around 2:30 this morning. I honestly thought I lost since I didn't hear from them. But lo and behold, when I checked the monthly announcement email, I saw my name listed as Artist of the Month!
    Camelback Gallery is an International Online Gallery that promotes artists' work by hosting online competitions, exhibitions, and featured artist residencies. They were founded in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2017, having upwards of 40,000+ site visitors a month. So to say that it is quite an honor & privilege that the CB Team chose my photo to be represented on their blog for Artist of the Month is not an understatement. Not only is my photo present on their blog, but it is also showcased on their Instagram and Facebook pages!


    

    As I told you in my last blog post, I have not been idle. The photo that I submitted and that was chosen is from one of my most recent shoots. I had gotten some new costumes in that I was dying to try on my youngest teen, so we set up shop in my spare room and went to town. The photos came out incredible, to say the least. I was extremely proud of them. So, of course, I was eager to submit them to the competition. See the winning photo below.

December 2021
Title: Who Am I?
Medium: Photography

    I was planning on sharing the whole group of photos that I took during this photography session, but I'm glad I didn't now. I'm glad the first look you are getting is because of this award. Let me tell you though, the rest of the photos turned out just as amazing.
    I titled this photo, "Who Am I?". Inspired by the Pandemic and the not so silent war on one's ability to choose to mask or not mask. This art represents those that chose to use the pandemic to individualize, thereby redefining their own identity through circumstance.
    Thank you to the CB Team for choosing my photo to be represented and thank you to everyone who has supported me through the years in my love of photography. I can't wait to show you more!

Sarah Kay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Light Magazine

Bishop Castle

Shutterup Magazine - Abandoned Places